Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Traffic Engineer
Engineering - Civil
The Transportation Business Line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented professional engineer to join our team of transportation traffic engineering professionals. Our Tallahassee, Florida Transportation practice is a diverse, multi-disciplined, and dynamic group focused on providing collaborative and innovative traffic engineering solutions. The ability to work with other engineering disciplines at various locations, both internal and external to AECOM is a must. The successful candidate will serve as a task leader on various projects with an opportunity to supervise junior level traffic design and operations professionals and will be involved with proposal development and engagement efforts. Strong emphasis will be placed on technical experience, high-quality deliverables, writing and communication skills, and the ability to lead tasks and ensure delivery excellence with respect to budget and schedule. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established traffic design/operation oriented career in a variety of transportation projects.
· Perform analytical tasks including traffic data collection and data analysis.
· Perform traffic and capacity analysis on roadway networks.
· Perform traffic analysis on roadway networks using transportation planning/engineering software including micro-simulation
· Develop recommendations for proposed improvements based on traffic operations analyses and micro-simulations
· Prepare written reports and presentations of project findings that support moving projects into design
Senior Traffic Engineer
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
· BS in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering) + 8 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
· Professional Engineer License
· 8 plus years of experience in traffic engineering studies, safety studies, traffic operational studies, signal timing, and PD&E traffic studies.
· Knowledge of FDOT’s policies/procedures related to traffic engineering and familiarity with associated reference manuals such as MUTS Manual, Traffic Engineering Manual, Traffic Analysis Manual, Signal Timing Manual, Highway Capacity Manual, MUTCD, Florida Design Manual, and Highway Safety Manual, etc.
· Hands-on experience in traffic operational analysis such as HCS, SYNCHRO, and VISSIM.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience making presentations to clients.
- MS in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering) + 8 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Florida