Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Global Trade Compliance
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 632615a7-16ac-45dc-a0c3-e2da16cb50bf
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assume the leadership role, subject to legal oversight and counsel, in operating the company’s international trade and anti-corruption policies, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior leadership and company personnel on the application of trade compliance regulations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and anti-corruption laws of other applicable jurisdictions.
- Oversee business partner onboarding, restricted party screening, approval of export/import transactions, recordkeeping, and other processes and systems related to trade compliance.
- Ensure proper jurisdiction, classification, Schedule B, HTS, and valuation determinations for all exported and imported items as applicable.
- Administer all aspects of export license/authorization management.
- Manage the company’s customs brokers and freight forwarders.
- Provide oversight of third party representatives, gifts and entertainment, and other aspects of the company’s anti-corruption program.
- Responsible for the provision of adequate training to all stakeholders on relevant laws and regulations.
- Conduct internal and/or external assessments/audits and manage government agency audits or inquiries.
- Notify and support the legal department in handling and remediating potential violations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- [7/10] years of experience with U.S. based trade compliance systems
- [Background in aircraft industry preferred]
- Expert understanding of and experience with U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, CBP, OFAC, FCPA)
- Knowledge of export/import logistics
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering compliance training
- Strong leadership skills; management experience preferred
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Must qualify as a "U.S. Person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR
- Ability to travel domestically as well as internationally, as required