Allied Reliability Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Reliability Group
- # of Openings
- Direct Hire
As a Technical Writer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a broad range of work instructions, checklists, design/test reports for the design, and manufacturing of gas turbines for aerospace and/or power generation applications.
- Gather relevant information from design engineers, manufacturing specialists, and equipment experts.
- Help identify necessary design and manufacturing documents and engage all the players that need to participate in the creation of technical documentation.
- Create new and update existing work instructions and checklists.
- Facilitate the review of documents and cooperate with end-users in improving descriptions of work activities.
- Functional / Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge / skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Drive for Results – Uses operational excellence tools and Documentation system to get results.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Build constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Customer Focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal operating partners gaining their trust and respect.
- Organizing – Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arranges files and information in a useful manner.
- Systems Management – Can design processes and procedures which allow end users to work effectively and efficiently.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field.
- Three or more years of technical writing experience.
- You have a relevant educational background that provides you with the right mix of linguistic skills and technical insights - preferably a technical education or hands-on experience that will enable you to understand your target group.
- You have several years of experience in writing technical documentation (work instructions).
- Experience from the gas turbine industry and practical experience with gas turbines and related documentation standards will be considered to be an advantage.
- You are skilled in and motivated by working on long-term projects involving large-scale documents.
- Additionally, you are an advanced user of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications.
- You are used to work closely together with both engineers and technicians.
- Must possess effective collaboration skills to motivate and influence others at various levels without a direct reporting relationship.
- Must demonstrate an effective communication skill/style to present complex ideas in a compelling and comprehensive manner.