Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate/ Senior Associate, Private Client Services
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
We have an opportunity to be part of the fast growing Private Client Services (PCS) group within A&M Taxand that provides diverse administrative and day-to-day accounting, financial and administrative support to High Net Worth clients. The PCS practice is experiencing significant growth and here is the chance to be part of something special and grow within your professional career. Our ideal candidate will have a diverse strong accounting background; strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor; excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands; thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment and is a team player but is able to work independently.
Providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the full accounting processes, i.e. timely posting of all financial transactions to G/L, maintain the general ledger, generate & post all journal entries, coordinate monthly close, and prepare financial reports
- Manage the accounting functions for specific families that includes; accounts payables, ensuring accurate, authorized invoices and payments are processed in a timely manner
- Manage and reconcile numerous bank accounts within many company files
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements with related work papers
- Assist in preparation of annual tax package and supporting documents
- Handle special projects as needed
- Reconcile amounts charged to the intercompany account and provide supporting documents
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Private Client Service/Family Office experience, desired
- High level of integrity and respect the confidential nature of the information that they are privy to in the Private Client Services Group
- A “can do” attitude and willing to go above and beyond
- Strong understanding and ability to interpret and prepare financial statements and financial reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting a plus
- CPA designation or in process a plus
- 3+ years related experience
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, effective time management
- Strong knowledge and experience in QuickBooks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Proven record of communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction
- Strong time and project management skills
- Bilingual, a plus
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.