Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-FL-West Palm Beach
- Department / Discipline
- Project Management
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ South Florida office is seeking a senior level professional with experience providing professional and technical direction and advice on building/facilities engineering and construction related matters. Our ideal candidate will specialize in full life-cycle management of multiple large, multi-discipline projects from the time of assignment to commissioning, close-out, and turnover to client, asset lifecycle planning, facility standards, maintenance & repairs, capital projects and building assessments to identify defects and their repair needs and/or advise on ways of improving and maintaining buildings, but also have experience with feasibility studies, managing construction projects, design co-ordination, tendering works, contract administration, budget control and construction monitoring. Types of buildings worked with include, but are not limited to: offices, industrial units, schools, colleges, hotels, pharmaceutical facilities, product assembly facilities, laboratories, and manufacturing centers.
- Possess knowledge of construction processes, engineering and design application and building/infrastructure component assembly
- Demonstrate project management skills in the management of integration/coordination of project elements, delegation of activities in the management of stakeholders, scope management, time management, cost management, quality assurance, managing changes priorities and communication management in the generation, collection, dissemination, storage and ultimate disposition of project information
- Ensure that projects are successfully completed on schedule, within the approval budget and in accordance with applicable quality standards
- Guides and manages the Project Team (customers, General Contractor/Construction Manager, Consultants, Facilities Planning Design & Construction, internal resources and Facilities Management Division groups) to yield productive actions through conflict management and use of good written and verbal communication to ensure a successful project completion
- Candidate is expected to be certified PMP within one year of employment
- Fully vetted in OSHA 1926 and OSHA 1910 with 100% accountability for compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety requirements in the performance of the projects
- Clear and precise record keeping meeting contract requirements and regulatory requirements
- Compliance and coordination with all authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ’s) either directly or through client assigned interface contacts
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Experience working with outside vendors and contractors
- Minimum of 20 years of experience and demonstrated success with facilities management/maintenance, utility engineering, asset management, facility construction management, project management or related discipline
- Ability to self-motivate with an entrepreneurial spirit. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Varied leadership and managerial experience of direct and indirect resources, minimum of 10+ years acting in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and communicate effectively
- Knowledge of environmental, safety and regulatory compliance. Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with technical disciplines
- Strong project management/construction experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to align, develop, motivate and lead a team including creating accountability
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, floor plans and schedules as they relate to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC equipment, building structures
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!