AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
at AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
AmTrust Financial Services, a commercial insurance company, is seeking recent college graduates to join our AmTrust team as Claims Adjuster Trainees in the Workers’ Compensation division. Over a 24-month period, we will teach you the insurance business and the skills needed to investigate, reserve, and settle Workers’ Compensation claims in a fast-paced and changing office environment. Problem solving, organizational and communication skills are some of the most frequently used skills in the position. This position is based out of our Boca, FL office
- Review, process and conclude lower severity claims as trained and directed.
- Provides quality service to all customers.
- Verifies coverages and policy conditions.
- Completes quality investigation by gathering all pertinent information.
- Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts.
- Documents all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions.
- Fulfill state licensing agreements/requirements (if applicable) and apply knowledge of state laws and regulations pertaining to the insurance industry.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Basic knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications.
- Four-year college degree is required
- Previous customer service experience a plus.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.