Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional - PartTime (Group Homes)
at Arc Broward
Arc Broward, a well-established accredited, non-profit organization based in Sunrise, FL is currently searching for Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to join our growing family!
As a DSP, you will carry out rewarding work, playing an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. DSP’s provide assistance with daily activities such as personal hygiene, medication administration, and meal time. DSP’s also facilitate community involvement by accompanying the individuals we serve on outings in the community.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team? Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide assistance with daily activities such as personal hygiene, medication administration, and meal time
- Support therapeutic and behavioral plans to enhance the quality of life for those we serve
- Operate a company van to transport individuals as requested
- High School Diploma.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations and /or accidents within the past 3 years.
- Must be able to complete 8 days of new hire orientation class.
- Position will demand frequent bending, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, lifting or carrying.
- One year related experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities (i.e. Autism, Down-Syndrome)
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position.
- Must pass pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen
Available Shifts & Locations:
MALIBU HOUSE- Coral Springs
- Monday - Friday 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am-9:pm & Sunday 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am-10:00pm
SANTA FE HOUSE – Plantation
- Sunday 4:00pm-8:00pm, Monday-Wednesday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm
VENICE HOUSE - Lauderhill
- Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
Arc Broward offers a wide range of benefits for our full time employees. Part time employees are also eligible for some of our benefits after a full year of employment!
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment & paid holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Benefits for Part Time:
- Eligibility for 403b contribution after 1,000 hours of time worked.
- Supplemental insurance benefits including Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Confinement.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities