Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Security Manager
at Ascendo Resources
We are excited to begin growing our team by hiring an IT Security Manager with a varied set of skills. As a valuable member of our team you will work closely with operations to understand the needs of our customers, managers and drivers to design and push new features that directly impact operations. Our ideal candidate is eager to learn. We are looking for someone who is open and positive about taking on new challenges and learning as they go.
- Implement and maintain enterprise security systems and technology
- Develop comprehensive enterprise information security, IT risk and compliance management program
- Develop, and maintains policy, standards, processes, and procedures to assess, monitor, report, escalate and remediate risk and security issues
- Develop, implement and monitor an ongoing employee education program for all employees on technology risk and appropriate mitigation strategies and approaches.
- Collaborate tightly with IT Security Operations team to monitor and respond to security events, operational processes and procedures, and tools improvements.
- Stay abreast of trends and advances in cybersecurity solutions and monitor changes in legislations that may affect information security. Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry
- Schedule periodic security audits and penetration testing
- Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
- Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy
- Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT.
- Partner with leaders across the company, to ensure that information security efforts receive appropriate prioritization and resources.
- Take a leadership role in working across the company on security projects and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
At Ascendo Resources we believe in building lasting relationships. We’re experts at matching our client’s organizational goals with the ideal candidate. We strive to meet both the candidates' objective of finding their desired position and employers' need to find the best possible resource for their organization. Your Ascendo business professional will be your sole point of contact whether searching for a direct hire employee or interim resource. This methodology allows the organization and Ascendo professional to build a more effective and efficient partnership.
Ascendo Resources is transcending the staffing industry. By joining us, you will have a ground-breaking opportunity to be a part of our fast-growing organization. Join the Ascendo Resources Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Information Security or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional) or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in security trends, products and tooling.
- Prefer healthcare experience and understanding of HIPAA/HiTrust.
- 7 to 10 years of knowledge and experience in Cybersecurity leadership role, including strategy and operations
- PMP certification or similar project management certification preferred.
- Proven ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels, including leading Security Incident Response program.
- Demonstrated hands-on capability and technicality across a range of security disciplines.
- Expertise in in data privacy laws, access, security, release of information, or access control technologies.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience and effectiveness in leading cybersecurity initiatives and projects
- Hands on experience and managing a team
- Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving business risks and enforce appropriate information security measures
- In depth knowledge of the cybersecurity rule and other government technology laws and standards.