Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Auto Body Technician
at AutoNation, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Collision and Auto Body Technician
- Dealership / Location Name
- AutoNation Collision Center Miami Airport
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
AutoNation is NOW HIRING an AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN to work in our busy Collision Center in Miami, Florida. We are seeking an experienced Auto Body Tech to assist with managing the workflow from our various DRP accounts, walk-in customers, and internal repairs. Our ideal Collision Repair Technician will be able to jump right in, repair light to heavy frame damage with many years of welding and body experience. Candidates will have previous experience working in a dealer-owned or independent auto body repair facility and a strong understanding of the customer journey/ insurance repair lifecycle. Body Techs being considered for this role will understand the importance of being timely and accurate throughout the repair process and the need for the shop to maintain high CSI scores with the insurance providers/ DRP's we serve.
The Auto Body Technician is responsible for performing repairs to collision damaged vehicles as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Service Managers, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations
- Operate all equipment in Collision Center in a safe manner
- Maintain stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
What benefits does AutoNation offer Full Time Employees?
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ Match
- Company Paid Maternity Leave & Cancer Insurance
- Flex Spending & Health Accounts
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus / Spiff Opportunities
- Continued Professional Education & Training
- Vendor Discounts for Products & Services
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Key Words: Collision, Auto Body, Body Man, Body Repair Tech