BrightLine Partners LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Station Manager
at BrightLine Partners LLC
As a critical member of the Brightline Station Operations team, you will assist the Station Manager direct daily operations and all aspects of the business within the station, keeping safety at the forefront of everything you do. You remain focused on ensuring a smooth and efficient, hospitable and comfortable travel experience is encountered by all our guests. Though you report to the Station Manager, your daily interactions will mostly be with guests and all station teammates. You will rotate as a Duty Manager and monitor schedules and communicate activities in all areas. While leading by example, you will foster a team where individuals feel listened to, empowered, motivated and developed to their fullest potential.
On a Typical Day You’ll…
- Create a culture of engagement, recognition, and team development.
- Maintain a positive work environment while ensuring the entire team reflects Brightline’s values.
- Assist with the selection, training, and appraisal of teammates in a timely and constructive way.
- Participate in or lead daily briefings to convey relevant information for that shift.
- Provide payroll and scheduling support as assigned.
- Stay up to date on company policies and terms of service; ensure these live in our stations and teammates are aware of update and/or changes.
- Support the Station Manager regarding teammate compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Assist the Station Manger share operating procedures related to station appearance and performance reporting.
- Interact with guests on a regular basis throughout the station to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction and respond to complaints as necessary.
- Perform quality checks on all aspects of operations, confirming that service standards are being met and coaching teammates appropriately when they are not.
- Work closely with the Safety & Security team, Rail Operations, Facilities and the Senior Services Manager to oversee daily practices and promote efficiency.
- Liaise with the Operations Control Center for the relocation of displaced guests.
- Order and process F&B product invoices and ensure deliveries received while on duty are stored and recorded appropriately.
- Oversee preventative maintenance work to ensure that repairs are completed timely.
- Stay on top of cleaning projects that help keep the station in pristine condition.
- Ensure that each train arrival and departure have enough leadership presence for safety and guest service needs.
- Liaise with the marketing, groups department and/or F&B and services to properly execute in-station events and functions
- Maintain inventory levels for office and cleaning supplies
- Training & vendor management
By the way…
We are a new business model – agile and evolving. This job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do. We’re excited that you want to grow right alongside us!
If You Have These Qualities, We Want to Meet You!
- You excel in developing team momentum, enthusiasm, and pride, across departments and ranks.
- You love working with people, stay positive while standing/walking for hours on end (including in stressful times) and adapt your communication style to fit a diverse group of people.
- Three or more years of operational experience in hospitality management
- Knowledge of F&B operations/standards
- Knowledge of inventory management/logistics
- Skilled at mentoring/coaching teams
- You are equally good at taking direction as you are giving it.
- You are skilled with Microsoft Office applications; specifically, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- You have previous experience with ensuring policies and procedures are closely followed.
- You are a minimum of 18 years old.
- You are safety-focused in your day-to-day life; ever-vigilant to inform and help others to stay safe in their environment.
- You can work shifts including weekends, holidays and long hours at times.
- Knowledge of the prevention of foodborne illnesses and health regulations
- Associate degree in business management, transportation, finance, or hotel operations
- The ability to speak more than one language
Bonus points are nice to have, but they’re not requirements! We still really want to hear from you either way!
NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Brightline Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Brightline Management, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.