BrightLine Partners LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BrightLine Partners LLC
Be a Part of the Future, Join the Team that is Reimagining Train Travel
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. Our Rail Operations team proudly strives for state-of-the-art perfection in all areas of our organization to do with the movement of our new custom-built Trainsets and all guest service experiences provided onboard. Our clean diesel-electric engines, and trains designed for comfort, perfectly accommodate our guests while we provide on-time, smooth and safe, care-free travel.
As an essential member of the Brightline Rail Operations team you get to ride our beautiful trains each and every day to create a safe, fun, and enjoyable environment for yourself and our guests. Your enthusiasm and attention to detail while interacting with guests, and suggesting, upselling and serving high-quality food and beverages will propel our guests to make Brightline their number one choice for travel in South Florida.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend and be engaged in teammate briefings at the beginning of each shift.
- Genuinely welcome and thank guests upon boarding and disembarking.
- Verbally offer boarding assistance, as needed, to guests that may need extra help.
- Listen and respond to general guest questions, concerns, requests or complaints, solving as many as you can in the moment or communicating to others as appropriate.
- Use designated hand signal or announcement systems to confirm the train is ready for departure.
- Help guests locate their seats, escorting them as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain service cart stock; review inventory upon receipt and document final inventory.
- Repetitively push and pull service cart through aisles and doors to service the guest throughout the train.
- Take orders and serve all F&B requests, using suggestive selling techniques.
- Diligently seek and react to opportunities to sell food and beverage items.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B menu offerings.
- Actively ask for feedback from guests.
- Prepare and serve hot and cold beverages and snacks adhering to Company standards; ensure guests are satisfied with their selections and engage in friendly conversation throughout.
- Serve alcoholic beverages adhering to Company established standards, including visually checking and verifying proper identification.
- Inspect service support areas to ensure adherence to Company sanitation requirements.
- Process credit card transactions for purchases via a mobile Point of Sale device.
- Follow Company protocols and instructions of the Train Manager during unscheduled or emergency situations, up to and including evacuating guests if needed.
- We are a new business model – agile and evolving. This job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- You are a natural sales person, comfortable suggesting items to guests to enhance their experience,
- You love working with people, staying positive for hours on end (including in stressful times) and adapting your communication style to fit a diverse group of people.
- You are safety-focused in your day-to-day life; ever-vigilant to inform and help others to stay safe in their environment.
- This is a physical job on a daily basis and requires ability to use more extreme physical abilities in the case of emergencies. You must be able to move and lift heavy objects in a variety of direction including over your head, traverse across uneven terrain, exchange information in person and over electronic devices/systems, ascend/descend ladders, and perceive the physical environment around you and perform all safety related procedures.
- You have good problem solving and decision making skills.
- You don’t need to be a mathematician, but you do possess basic math skills.
- You have six months or more experience in guest service, sales, or serving food or drinks – this is not required but a PLUS.
- You are a minimum of 18 years old.
- You have demonstrated reliability, punctuality and dependability.
- You have and can show legal permission to work in the United States.
- You are able to work shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- You speak, read, and write English at a High School level.
- We will make all attempts to provide a predictable work schedule, but the ability to pick up last minute shifts is a PLUS.
Thank you for your interest in Brightline, the Team that is Reimagining Train Travel.
NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Brightline Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Brightline Management, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.