Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) - Fort Lauderdale, FL
at Butterfly Effects
- 11-Oct-2019 to 09-Nov-2019 (EST)
- South Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Part Time
ABA Behavior Technician / RBT
Fort Lauderdale, Davie, Pembroke Pines
Butterfly Effects, a leading provider of in-home, center based, and in-school ABA therapy for clients on the Autism Spectrum is seeking candidates to join the team as an ABA Behavior Technician. We have opportunities for both entry-level (no previous experience) and experienced Registered Behavior Technicians. As a Registered Behavior Technician, you will gain experience working directly with our Board Certified Behavior Analysts to provide ABA therapy to clients ranging from 18 months 18 years of age.
Work with a Purpose
Why should you join the growing field of ABA with Butterfly Effects? Joining a motivated and energetic team of peers means you get to ...
- Impact the day to day development of clients and celebrate their successes.
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of kids and their families.
- Be involved in your community.
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum.
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in ABA.
What is a day in the life of a Butterfly Effects' RBT like?
- What: You will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- When: 10-15 hours per week. Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 3-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Where: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
What We Offer:
- RBT Certification Program - All new BE team members begin by completing our flexible training program that prepares you to become registered as a behavior technician with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board and allows you to start your career and specialization in ABA!
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Career Advancement Opportunities - Extensive hands-on training, ongoing program oversight, opportunities for Continuing Education Credits, BACB Supervision hours where applicable, and career paths to BCBA and other positions.
- Travel time pay
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Reliable transportation and insurance
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 45 minutes of your location.
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program that prepares you to be a successful RBT.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification or willingness to achieve certification in a face-to-face course at own cost.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 48 college credit hours preferred. Students currently enrolled in a Master's Program to become a BCBA are encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders
- Prior experience with ABA
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.