Carillon Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server - The Strand Bar & Grill
at Carillon Miami Beach
I. Job Summary
Provides friendly, attentive, unobtrusive and accurate service to create an exceptional dining and drinking experience for all of our guests of The Strand Bar & Grill. Primarily responsible for ensuring guests ultimate satisfaction, up selling food and beverage when possible and delivering them in an accurate and timely manner.
II. Essential Job Functions
- Offers food and beverage to guests making recommendations and performing suggestive selling.
- Enters orders into point of sale system, which relays orders to food pick up area and service bar.
- Runs food and beverages from Restaurant and service bar to designated tables.
- Ensures orders are accurate and presented in a timely manner.
- Prepares and presents an accurate bill, accepts, processes and secures final payment; makes change (is applicable).
- Ensures compliance with all cash handling and bill handling policies and procedures.
- Ready and willing to assist Host/Hostess and runner as situations arise.
- Ensures guests are satisfied with food, beverage and service.
- Performs service recovery when required to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete. Performs opening and closing side work.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service guidelines.
- Understands The Strand menu ingredients, as well as overall operation, philosophy, activities and services in order to better answer guest questions.
- Adheres to all of Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's standards for guest service.
- Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisor according to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's guest problem resolution policy.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
III. Education, Experience and Skill Requirement
- Must have at least 2-3 years of experience as a server.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to learn and master the POS system.
- Able to handle and be responsible for cash transactions.
- ServSafe or Food Handler certified.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must possess a personable, cheerful demeanor, be well groomed and be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Guest service skills or training are preferred.
- Must possess pride in Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's Standards of food service and be guest-service oriented.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, breakfast, lunch and or dinner shifts, weekends and holidays.
Walk-In Interview Hours:
No Appointments Necessary.
Must submit application online prior to attending an interview.
Thursdays 2pm - 4pm
Parking meters available, Valet parking will NOT be validated.