Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager/Capture Manager for EPA and Other Federal Agencies
Job TitleBusiness Development Manager/Capture Manager for EPA and Other Federal Agencies
APTIM has an opening for a Business Development Manager/Account Manager for EPA and other Federal Agencies (non-DOD accounts). The successful candidate will develop and manage strategic and tactical relationships with clients and teaming partners, lead captures on business development (sales) pursuits, be able to close new work, and increase business line sales. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- The Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading new business opportunities (including contracts and task orders) from the early identification phase of the opportunity through the final submittal, spanning Sources Sought, Requests for Information (RFIs) or Requests for Proposal (RFPs). This will include the development of capture plans; win themes, budget development and budget execution.
- The BDM will support the data integrity, fidelity, and maintenance of all BD opportunities in the business opportunity database.
- The BDM will support cross selling across APTIM.
- The BDM will coordinate and serve as the key liaison with other business line functions in support of opportunities and captures to include Proposal group, Estimating, Project Controls, Finance, and Engineering, Operations, Contracts and Subcontracting teams. This position requires close working relationship and coordination with the business line.
- The BDM will be the Account Manager for all actions related to the to the following US Government Agencies:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Interior (DOI)
- And others
- The BDM/Capture Manager must understand and have experience in the federal proposal process as it relates to Federal Agencies-specific Capture/Proposal processes. Critical attributes include exceptional communication, teamwork, flexibility, ability to motivate, and a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude. The ideal candidate will work as part of a larger business development team to coordinate and help develop winning solutions to client RFPs. This includes interaction with Business Development & Strategy Leads, Project Managers, Business Unit Leaders, and Technical Professionals. The BDM/Capture Manager, working with a Proposal Manager, must be able to coordinate the proposal team and to translate the capture strategy into a winning proposal.
- Other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- 5+ years' experience within U.S. Federal Government Sales or Business Development for the previously mentioned agencies outside of the Department of Defense with a track record of winning business in the government sector.
- Experience in developing strategies for complex operational, customer, or technical problems
- Capability to manage professional employees; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in science, engineering or technical discipline
- Professional competency in oral and written communications
- Must be result oriented and hands-on
- In-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines
- Ability to determine client needs, develop win themes and proposal to meet or exceed client expectations. Experience in shaping RFP criteria to benefit APTIM is necessary.
- Experience managing budgets for own area and allocating resources accordingly
- 10+ years of recent Federal experience in Engineering, Construction, Contracting, Environmental compliance/remediation (radiological, decontamination, decommissioning, etc.
- Advanced (e.g., Master's) Degree in in science, engineering or technical discipline.
- Professional license (e.g,. PE, PG, PMP)
- Leadership position(s) in energy, environmental, public service, engineering and/or program and construction management professional/industry association committees, boards, etc.