Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Our Jacksonville, FL office is seeking an experienced Geologist/Environmental Scientist/Jr. Project Manager on a full-time basis to participate in the development and implementation of site investigations and remedial actions. This may include design and installation of monitoring systems, collection of surficial and subsurface soil samples for environmental and geotechnical purposes, participation in the design and implementation of both in-situ and ex-situ remedial actions. The successful candidate will lead field activities, and assist in document preparation.
- Manage and support projects related to collection and interpretation/evaluation of soil/groundwater, and air samples.
- Execute various work scopes, and maintain project schedules and budgetary goals.
- Work independently or as part of a project team and be able to adjust to changing site conditions.
- Mentor and train less experienced personnel and supervise contractors.
- Provide technical support to projects in all phases of work and a variety of scopes that include, site characterization, procurement, and construction.
- Conduct and coordinate Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments
- Support environmental permitting, permit compliance and environmental due diligence projects.
- Manage and support UST/AST projects including UST/AST replacements/pulls, spill response and immediate response activities.
- Review RFI's, Submittals and Change Orders
- Communication of technical concepts, evaluation results, plans, reports, etc. via oral presentations; and ensures conformance to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology/Environmental Science or related degree required.
- 5-8 years of experience conducting field investigations and supervising contractors
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations related to environmental investigations
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Current HAZWOPER certification desired
- Valid Driver's License
- Working knowledge of scientific computer programs and groundwater models
- Experience working in local geologic environments
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 10,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers