Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Clinical Counseling
- Regular Full-Time
Are you passionate about making a positive difference for generations to come?
Are you caring, thoughtful, and innovative?
If you want to join the largest, oldest, and leading premier nonprofit organization within child welfare,
Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As a Clinical Counselor you’ll provide hope, healing, and health to children, teens, and adults through clinical and supportive counseling services. This is an exceptional opportunity for a focused and dedicated Social Services Professional who is determined to do the very best for children in need and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
Why become a CHS Counselor?
- CHS truly cares for our clients. We live our mission every day.
- Growth and professional development opportunities!
- Possibility to earn licensure under licensed supervision for free!
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays!
- Ability to work from home and coordinate convenient hours that work for them and their clients!
- Provide clinical and supportive counseling services; individual, group and family therapy, including but not limited to TBOS, Outpatient or BHOS in a CHS office/facility, client homes and school community as necessary.
- Deliver evidence-based treatment intervention (i.e., Trauma-Focused Care, Infant Mental Health).
- Complete billable units and enter applicable data into the Client Information System (CIS) and other data systems in a timely manner as required by the program and/or contract requirements.
- Facilitate psycho-educational classes and/or groups such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, behavior management, substance abuse, MAPP/Pride training, etc.
- Provide case management services including information, plan referral and linkages, where appropriate. Coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals and liaison with outside social service agencies and other organizations.
- Provide in-depth clinical assessment, diagnosis of clinical conditions, treatment plans and intervention under the supervision of a licensed clinician, including one of the following: TBOS, Outpatient or BHOS services (only provided in Residential settings), when necessary.
- Oversee the behavioral program or treatment interventions associated with the client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in peer review process to oversee that services provided comply with contract, Medicaid and licensing requirements, COA, and internal quality assurance standards.
- Strong knowledge about all things Clinical Counseling
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling or comparable human services related degree
- Two years of professional experience in providing services to persons with behavioral health disorders OR professional experience in providing services to persons with behavioral health disorders and the ability to be supervised by a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA), required
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there since 1902. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida.