City of Delray Beach, Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Delray Beach, Florida
Pay: $22.63 to $34.69/hour
$22.63 - $34.69
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2599839
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
*Salary can be commensurate with qualifications and experience*
Veterans' Preference Applies
EEO StatementThe City of Delray Beach does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability, marital status, family status or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services·
Non-SmokingThe City will not consider applicants who have used tobacco products for a period of at least three months prior to application for employment. The definition of "tobacco products" shall include, but is not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes and snuff.
Calibration of Water Treatment Plant and wastewater equipment. Troubleshooting and repair of electric controls. Test and repair of telemetry modules. Retrofit and upgrade equipment. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Essential Job Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
- Calibration of Water Treatment Plant and wastewater equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment
- Test and repair of telemetry modules.
- Retrofit and upgrade equipment.
- Assists with HyperTACH system.
- Assists with network maintenance and upgrades.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of equipment.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Good computer skills.
- Troubleshooting of controls.
- Process automation and printed circuit boards.
- Knowledge of current technologies in instrumentation and telemetry.
- Ability to assume responsibility and able to work in confined space.
- Ability to keep good records.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school graduate or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma with considerable practical knowledge of electric, electronic and control systems, troubleshooting, process automation and printed circuit boards.
- Must possess a valid Florida Journeyman's Electrician License.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Journeyman's Electrician License.
- Valid State of Florida driver's license with a good driver record
- Supplemental Information
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Walking, standing, bending, balancing, smelling, and stooping.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
- Works inside and outside in various weather conditions
- In heat and cold
- High humidity, dampness or chilliness
- Dry and noisy conditions
- Electrical energy
- Works in dust, fumes, gases, chemicals, solvents, grease or oils, slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces in or with objects, odors.
- Poor lighting
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SELECTION GUIDELINES: Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests might be required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement with the employer, and requirements of the job change.