City of Palm Beach Gardens
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician PT - Facilities/Recreation
at City of Palm Beach Gardens
Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the construction, repair, operation and maintenance of City facilities and properties.
***This position will include nights and weekends. Hours will not exceed 28 per week. Position will require working Sundays at the City's GreenMarket from 5:00am - 2:00pm.***
- Essential Function Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows plans, instructions and standard operating procedures in performing maintenance, construction, and repairs
- Participates in daily maintenance, such as cleaning, sweeping, and repairs of all department facilities.
- Performs interior and exterior building maintenance such as carpentry, drywall repair, stucco patching, painting, drywall patching, ceiling tile replacement, garbage and recycling removal.
- Routinely moves, disassembles, assembles and hauls furniture to and from city facilities. Assists in setting up offices as needed
- Drives truck hauling crews, equipment and materials to and from work sites
- Performs custodial work as required and assigned, including changing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes,
- sweeping floors, vacuuming carpets, mopping, shampooing and steam clean carpets, buffing non-carpeted areas, dumping garbage and relining cans with liners, cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and replenishing supplies, emptying ash cans, cleaning spills, cleaning drinking fountains, mirrors, tables, walls, fixtures, blinds, light fixtures, etc.., dusting furniture, washing windows, cleaning rain gutters and sweeping roofs
- Utilizes dollies, hand trucks and other small transport tools to maneuver, haul and relocate large heavy objects
- Operates equipment such as concrete saw, table saw, handheld power tools, hand tools. etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor
- Cleans equipment
- Performs duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Arranges for the transport of equipment and machinery across private property or public thorough fares as directed
- Answers any complaints as directed by supervisor
- Documents daily work actions and hours in work order software
- Performs duties as assigned during emergency response conditions
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the field of construction, maintenance and repair
- Any related combination of training and experience
- Special Qualifications/Preferences
- Valid Florida State driver's license