City of Sunrise Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard II P/T 04615 - 112018
at City of Sunrise Florida
Pay: $36267 to $49994/year
$36267 - $49994
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1031362
Overall Job Objective
- NATURE OF WORK
This is skilled water safety enforcement work at a City swimming pool.
Employees in this class are responsible for monitoring activities of pool patrons to prevent accidents or loss of life through drowning and for administering first aid or artificial respiration. Additional responsibilities include cleaning pool area and maintaining swimming pool quality by testing water and applying chemicals. Work includes monitoring pool activities from a lifeguard stand, reporting of and responding to various types of incidents, cleaning the pool and pool area and providing assistance to pool and pool area and providing assistance to pool patrons. Supervision is received from a superior who makes work assignments and reviews work for orderliness and rule enforcement by inspection and conferences.
- Examples of Duties
- ILLUSTRATIVE TASKS
- Responds to various types of pool emergencies; assures deliver of advanced first aid and/or emergency life-support systems; establishes and maintains control of an emergency scene.
- Monitors activities of pool patrons from a lifeguard stand or by foot patrol to prevent unsafe practices or accidents; enforces rules and regulations in pool area and dressing rooms to maintain order and effective crowd control.
- Tests and maintains lifesaving and first aid equipment in order to prepare for water emergencies or accidents.
- Conducts chemical test for pool water quality and monitors pool water temperatures.
- Applies chemicals to maintain water quality standards; vacuums pool and cleans pool walls and back washes pool filters.
- Operates a swimming pool recirculation system, fresh water make-up and over-flow systems and filter cleaning system.
- May operate and clean pool filtration equipment.
- Teaches swimming in a swimming pool class; instructs basic principles of water safety and pool etiquette.
- Participates in performing custodial tasks as applied to pool decks and surfaces, offices, locker rooms and bath houses and other support buildings.
- Maintains daily maintenance and pool chemical usage logs.
- Collects pool admission and registration fees.
- Performs related work as required.
- Completion of at least the 10th grade.
- Must have at least two (2) seasons (640 work hours) of full-time (or equivalent) paid experience as a lifeguard. You must list your lifeguarding experience along with all other jobs you have had and the rate you were paid for each in the Work Experience section of the application. Your application will not be considered without this information.
You MUST attach the following documents to your application upon submission:
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Possession of a current Lifeguard Training Certification, which includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid or equivalent
- Possession of a valid Florida driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Your application will not be considered without these documents attached. If you have trouble attaching the documents, please contact the Human Resources Department to ask for assistance.
- Proof of completion of at least the 8th grade (i.e., student ID, report card, etc.)
- Copies of your current Lifeguard Training Certification, which includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid or equivalent
- Birth certificate
- Driver's license
- Social Security Card
- Supplemental Information
- HOURS AND LOCATION
- Hours: up to 20 work hours per week (varied)
- Location: All City of Sunrise pools