Grove Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FIDUCIARY WEALTH ADVISOR
at Grove Bank & Trust
SUMMARY: Responsible for the administration and relationship management of various trusts, estates, custodian guardianships, investment management and agency accounts. May be assigned accounts of large size or complex in nature. Responsible for all direct contact with trust clients, beneficiaries, attorneys and accountants associated with the accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages an account base consisting of a wide variety of fiduciary client relationships, particularly those of large, complex and sensitive nature in accordance with the terms of the nominating instrument and bank’s policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains strong customer relations by interacting with trust clients, beneficiaries, attorneys and accountants via phone, in-person, e-mail or correspondence. Acts as the primary contact for assigned accounts and ensures timely delivery of quality service and issue resolution.
- Manages account set-up and administration: prepares required documents and checklists; conducts review of governing instrument and bank’s role (Executor, Co-Executor, Trustee, Co-Trustee); and becomes familiar with the assets and individuals involved in the account.
- Monitors and reviews daily activity reports to ensure accuracy. Monitors principal and income balances and resolves overdrafts as necessary.
- Initiates disbursement of funds according to conditions of trust instrument, client’s requests, and internal policies and procedures. Has assigned disbursement signing authority as an Officer.
- Reviews and approves bill payments. Prepares account statements and client communications as needed.
- Completes annual administrative reviews. Performs peer Administrative Reviews and exception reviews in the role of Senior Trust Officer.
- Prepares for regular audits and follows up on outstanding issues.
- Ensures compliance and proper documentation requirements are met in adherence to internal fiduciary policies and procedures regarding business acceptance, discretionary actions and account updates. Interprets and administers legal and fiduciary documents.
- Oversees and coordinates preparation of applicable tax returns; conducts review and assures timely filing.
- Participates in the Trust Administrative and Investment Review Committee (TAIRC). Prepares, recommends and presents account requests. Has voting rights as an Officer.
- Develops new and additional business through referrals, existing customers and networking activities.
- Mentors and provides guidance to Trust Administration staff.
- Assists management with special projects.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree; ten years of previous trust client account relationship management and administration experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. JD, CTFA and/or CFP highly preferred. Proven ability to maximize sales through established industry contacts and Center of Influence (COI) relationships is required. Detailed knowledge of personal trust/custody and estate administration products and services; and fiduciary standards, principles, and applicable laws and regulations. Working knowledge of investment management products is a plus. Strong organizational, negotiation and sales skills.
All candidates for hire will undergo a credit and criminal background check. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Grove Bank & Trust is a drug-free workplace and an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disability.