Cross Country Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cross Country Healthcare, Inc.
Cross Country Healthcare is looking for top talent to join our team
Cross Country Healthcare is a national leader in providing innovative healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services. Our solutions leverage our nearly 40 years of expertise and insight to assist clients in solving complex labor-related challenges while maintaining high quality outcomes. We are dedicated to recruiting and placing highly qualified healthcare professionals in virtually every specialty and area of expertise. With more than 9,500 active contracts, our diverse client base includes both clinical and nonclinical settings, servicing acute care hospitals, physician practice groups, outpatient and ambulatory-care centers, nursing facilities, both public schools and charter schools, rehabilitation and sports medicine clinics, government facilities.
The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for ensuring the complete and accurate credentialing for approximately 125 Healthcare Professionals.
- Assist, support and collaborate with the Recruitment Team and Compliance Operations Team to achieve 99% document compliance in accordance with both Cross Country Staffing (CCS) and client facility requirements
- Actively undertake the contract administration process to ensure that each contract packet includes complete and detailed instructions pertaining to the pre-employment requirements as outlined by the Hospital Requirements display in the database. All forms and materials must be gathered promptly at time of confirmation and must provide clear and timely communication of all CCS and facility expectations to the Healthcare Professional (HCP)
- Enthusiastically participate in the prompt collection and processing of credentialing documents in accordance with facility requirements for all assignments, extensions, renewals and throughout the course of the assignment. Includes specific attention and follow up for results of criminal background searches, metabolic drug screenings and infectious disease titers and other clinical testing with appropriate vendors
- Ensure accurate background searches are started as soon as consent forms are received and complete in a timely and efficient manner. Include all searches necessary to fulfill both the CCS standards and hospital requirements. Report outstanding searches on a weekly basis to determine steps needed to avoid assignment delays
- Examine, validate, approve and process HCP documents to the imaging storage system. Communicate with Recruitment Team and Compliance Coordinator when document fails to meet standards, identifying the specific reason for failure and offering follow up action to influence the intended outcome
- Review and score HCP results of pre-employment tests and facility specific competency exams with accuracy and report unfavorable results to the Recruiter / Associate and Compliance / Manager Services Coordinator
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with Recruiter / Associate and Compliance / Managed Services Coordinator through client manager, client concern, email, phone, voicemail, instant messaging and face to face contact as frequently and often as possible to promote real time status updates that ensure HCP is credentialed and prepared for original start date
- Maintain and provide accurate grid for review on schedule and upon request
- Promote, foster and maintain optimal relationships across departmental and company lines to influence positive results
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, internal and external quality assurance audits and coverage for other Credentialing Specialists as needed upon request
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Outlook and database systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a willingness to provide superior customer service
- Prior experience in a business office environment, preferably in a staffing, medical or quality assurance capacity
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
Cross Country Healthcare offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical plan, Dental plan, Life insurance, Disability plan, 401(k) plan and Tuition Assistance
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/ Veteran/Disability