Earth Fare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Lead
at Earth Fare, Inc.
Position Summary: The Customer Service Lead is responsible for upholding and embodying the Earth Fare Customer Service standards at all times to ensure that every customer has the best shopping experience possible. Additionally, they ensure proper accounting of the Front End of the store while maintaining a safe, secure and customer focused environment. This role is balanced evenly between conducting operational tasks in the Cash Office, managing cashier breaks during the day, running a cash register when needed and responding promptly and professionally to customer service opportunities.
- Upholds, communicates and supports the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and customer service creed while maintaining a clean, organized, safe and secure work environment.
- Operational Tasks: This role assists with the reconciliation and recording of cash register drawers and daily balancing of the Cash Office. The Customer service lead communicates any cash or paperwork discrepancies, security issues, or customer service opportunities to the Front End Manager in a timely manner. This role prepares the daily bank deposits and change orders and prepares all Cash Office paperwork, including preparing and disseminating store reports to the Home Office on a daily basis. The Customer Service Lead is instrumental in communicating policies and procedures to cashiers keeping them up to date on any changes as well as coaching and training cashiers on the standard operating procedures for the department. This person works with the Front End Manager to promote loss prevention and security awareness, as well as ensures the void and refund policies are being followed accurately. The Customer Service Lead will delegate tasks to the Cashiers during slower periods of time and perform other duties as directed by the Front End Manager. This position also performs open and closing duties, runs a cash register, works the customer service desk and assists the Front End Manager with audits. The Customer Service Lead helps maintain a clean and sanitary restroom in the store. They also attend required department and store meetings.
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive Front End Department by implementing Earth Fare merchandising/marketing guidelines as outlined by the Front End Manager.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations/cash registers and Cash Office
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have strong communication skills and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task while assisting customers and team mates.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Front End Manager and other store management.
- Must have proficient math and bookkeeping skills.
- Must have proficient cash handling skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment program.
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior.
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience required.
- Previous book keeping experience preferred.
- Earth Fare experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- Will stand, walk and be on ones feet a majority of scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.