First State Bank of the Florida Keys
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant-Risk Management
at First State Bank of the Florida Keys
- 08-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Miramar, FL, USA
- Full Time
First State Bank of the Florida Keys is a customer-focused bank with a long history of serving, reaching out, and connecting with the community. Founded in 1955 with a single branch in Key West, the Bank has grown and changed, as has the surrounding community, but our core values remain the same. First State Bank of the Florida Keys recognizes that what sets us apart are our people.
The Administrative Assistant for Risk Management is responsible for coordinating general business activities to support the Risk Management Department at our Miramar Location.
- Performs various administrative duties for the Risk Officer
- Coordinates internal meetings
- Experience with or the ability to quickly learn taking/documenting minutes and coordinating meeting agendas and packages
- Ability to follow up on pending items for auditors and examiners
- Coordinate communication of new and updated operating policies and procedures
- Assist with planning special corporate events and meetings
- Maintains access to e-mails and electronic calendars
- General knowledge of email and Internet including to ability to research
- Maintains department confidentiality
- Responsibilities also include other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager
Employees also have a responsibility to understand the Bank's BSA/AML Program, the procedures outlined in it, and to follow the Program and procedures in carrying out their duties. Any employee that fails to adhere to the BSA/AML Program or commits other violations of the Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a changing environment
- Close attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Ability to proofread and make grammatical and spelling corrections
- Positive mind-set
- Strong work ethic
- Good attendance
- Ability to work extra hours as needed
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products, general office equipment and software;
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to quickly adapt and prioritize changes in schedule and/or daily duties
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Previous administrative assistant experience
- Experience at an intermediate level or higher with Microsoft Office Suite (to include Word, Excel spreadsheets and formulas, and Powerpoint
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Banking experience
- 2 years' administrative assistant experience
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions include the employee occupying this position will frequently be required to organize and coordinate schedules; and communicate with internal customers and vendors. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 60%of the time; frequently operate a telephone, computer, printer, copier and fax machine; and occasionally move about inside the office to access office equipment, etc.
First State Bank of the Florida Keys reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. The job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employee contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "At Will". The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.