Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Spa Operations
at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Regular Full-Time
"IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART."
- Morris Lapidus
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
The Assistant Director of Spa Operations as guided by the Director, Spa will establish and maintain the standards of Spa etiquette and service in all interactions with guests and staff. Executing the business objectives and verbiage to all Team Members is ongoing, whilst also ensuring that all financial, operations, and marketing opportunities are maximized in alignment with the Spa goals.
- Assist Director in providing leadership to all spa and salon personnel.
- Monitor expenses and revenue to ensure budget goals are met.
- Inspect Spa facilities to ensure high quality standards of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained.
- Participate in marketing of Spa/Salon and gym to local guests, groups, outside vendors, etc.
- Resolve guest concerns and implement resolutions.
- Schedule personnel and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
- Ensure compliance by all personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
- Plan, manage, and monitor work done by personnel as well as employment, communications, coaching & relationships.
- Serve as liaison to POS systems vendor.
- Oversee Spa Services and Salon Manager.
- Supervise sale of gift cards and vouchers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director.
- Knowledge of full range of spa services and therapies.
- Ability and proficiency to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling, and presentation software.
- Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Effective leadership, supervisory, and management skills. Budgeting and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, management, and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
- Minimum of three years experience supervising a large resort spa preferred.
- High school education or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree or four years relevant education and experience preferred.