Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior System Architect
Asa member of the Payments Systems Engineering team, the Senior Systems Architectwill be located in Plantation, FL, and is responsible for defining andmaintaining the architecture of the Continuous Integration and ContinuousDeployment (CI/CD) pipeline. This pipeline supports the development of the PaymentsProduct Portfolio, both for new product development and for ongoing sustainingactivities. Our Payments product line provides security for FinancialTechnology (FinTech) digital payments within the Thales Cloud Protection &Licensing (CPL) portfolio and is the market leader worldwide. Awell-architected pipeline is critical to our development activities as wecontinue to evolve our SAFe process and enhance our Release on Demandcapability.
TheSenior Systems Architect will work closely with the Systems Engineering team todefine the evolution of the pipeline to support technical and product featuresin the upcoming roadmap. The Senior Systems Architect will also work closelywith the development scrum teams to understand their current needs and anylimitations within the existing architecture. The Senior Systems Architect willidentify the features and functionality that the pipeline development team areresponsible for implementing.
TheSenior Systems Architect must possess the soft skills required to work in ahighly collaborative environment in a professional and respectful manner. Thisposition provides substantial growth opportunity for the right candidatelooking to contribute to a fast paced, challenging development organization.
Essential/KeyAreas of Responsibility
- Technicalgovernance and oversight of the CI/CD pipeline
- Architect,design, and implementation of the CI/CD pipeline to support approved businessand technical objectives.
- Keepup to date with current development pipeline best practices and ensuringadherence to same.
- Operateas the Product Owner (PO) for the pipeline development scrum team, and attendall related agile and SAFe meetings. The PO is responsible for creating thebacklog for the pipeline development team.
- Definitionof both functional and Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs) for the pipeline. Thisincludes analysis of technical trade-offs, determining the primary componentsand subsystems, and identifying the interfaces and collaborations between them.
- Understandthe SAFe Lean-Agile principles and implementing practices to address them.
- Participatein Systems Architect sync ups to create technical enablers for upcoming ProgramIncrement.
- Mentorand coach pipeline development team members.
- Educatepayments ART stakeholders on the pipeline architecture through lunch-and-learnsand other activities
- Time management for ensuring program increment and iteration goals are met
- FollowCompany and R&D processes and procedures
- Identifycontinuous improvement opportunities for products, processes, and tools
- Otherrelated duties or tasks as assigned
- Abilityto work in a highly-collaborative and fast-paced environment with minimaldirect supervision
- Bachelor'sdegree in Computer Science or related field with Master's degree in relatedfield preferred
- 5 years of experience of the design, development and maintenance of stable ofCI/CD pipelines, blue/green deployments, including strong experience in thefollowing areas.
- scriptinglanguages like python
- configurationmanagement tools like puppet, git
- automationtools like bamboo
- Understandsand uses best practices in CI/CD and devOps
- Advancedwritten and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience with Docker and container deployment, and CI/CD ofmicro-services is a plus
- Experiencein creating reference architectures is a plus
- Experiencewith modelling tools, such as Enterprise Architect is a plus
- UnderstandingFinTech industry and encryption security solutions is a plus
- Knowledgeof Cloud-based REST APIs is a plus
- Experiencewith agile development, SAFe is a plus
- Proactive – Develops practicalsolutions, takes ownership, has a ‘can do' rather than ‘won't do' approach
- Technically curious – Regardstechnology problems as challenges
- Teamwork – Connected to thebusiness, communicates openly, shares information and knowledge, networksinternally and externally, persuades rather than pushes, involves colleagues,respects colleagues
- Creative – Connects thetechnical dots with a goal of building customer value
- Responsive – Always reactsquickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, e-mails or otherevents in a timely and flexible fashion
FOR UNITEDSTATES CANDIDATES
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any othercharacteristics protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity PolicyStatement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
For more information about your rights as an applicant review EEOis the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement or EEO is the Law (Spanish) and EEO isthe Law Supplement (Spanish).
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for aposition with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-844-504-7271 or email usat firstname.lastname@example.org.