Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Remediation Engineer
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can work with industry-recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking Experienced Remediation Engineers with 5 to 15 years in the consulting industry to join our Florida operations in multiple locations. This is an opportunity to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects related to site investigation, remedy design, pilot testing, and remedy implementation.
Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals as you move to the next stage of your career? Some of the key responsibilities for this Experienced Remediation Engineer position include:
- Designing, managing, and drawing conclusions from remedial investigation projects involving contaminated media (soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, indoor air, and/or sediment); projects will include both traditional techniques and high-resolution characterization techniques;
- Developing feasibility studies and remedial action plans for soil and groundwater projects;
- Managing tasks or projects, including tracking project budgets, tracking project schedules, etc.;
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of projects using in-situ and ex-situ remedial technologies;
- Developing monitoring plans, performance criteria, and optimization options for remedial approaches; and
- Providing client development and marketing support, including proposal generation, for remediation projects through Florida.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training, and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Some fieldwork and overnight travel will be necessary.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. [required]
- Advanced degree in engineering. [preferred]
- Approximately 5 to 15 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment. [required]
- Experience working under Chapter 63-780 FAC. [preferred]
- Professional Engineer licensure in Florida or ability to receive same within one year. [preferred]
- An outstanding track record for client management and technical leadership. [preferred
- Project experience involving remedial design of complex, multi-media projects. [preferred]
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. [required]
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ENTRY01662