Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Remediation Geologist
at Geosyntec Consultants
It’s HOT in South Florida! Looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re seeking an Experienced Remediation Geologist with skills in contaminated site assessment/remediation, hydrogeology, and contaminant fate & transport. This position involves mainly private-sector clientele and the opportunity to support a variety of challenging redevelopment and greenfield projects involving traditional and emerging contaminants.
Located in Palm Beach County, Boca Raton is home to a major state university and offers gorgeous beaches, a vibrant dining and nightlife scene, and beautiful residential areas. Our office is located in the developing Park of Broken Sound, a 700-acre hub that offers residential, commercial, and transportation options for those seeking to enhance their work/life balance.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its, technical leadership, client service, and broad experience in solving problems for the environment, natural resources and civil infrastructure. Founded in South Florida in 1983, we are employee-owned and have about 100 professionals in our nine Florida offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals as you move to the next stage of your career? Some of the key technical responsibilities for this position include at least one or more of the following:
- Supporting and/or leading site assessment and remediation projects, including contamination assessments, feasibility studies, remedy design, and remedy implementation under local, state and federal regulatory programs;
- Developing and implementing closure strategies under Chapter 62-780 FAC;
- Supporting construction oversight and contaminated media sampling such as for groundwater, soil, and soil vapor;
- Participating in environmental due diligence efforts involving Phase I/II environmental site assessments and liability valuation; and
- Occasionally supporting compliance services associated with the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and/or other regulations as needed.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. As you advance to this next stage of your career, you should expect to collaborate with experienced professionals who will help you integrate into the firm. Depending on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this Experienced Remediation Geologist position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, which allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to advance a successful consulting career
- Fieldwork: /- 20%
- Overnight travel: /- 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, earth science, or an aligned discipline. [required]
- Advanced degree in geology or an aligned discipline. [preferred]
- Minimum seven years of prior experience working on contaminated sites involving chlorinated solvents, metals, petroleum, and emerging contaminants. [required]
- Experience working under Chapter 62-780 FAC or other risk-based corrective action paradigm. [required]
- Project management experience. [preferred]
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access, EVS and/or commercially available groundwater flow/contaminant transport modeling software. [preferred]
- Current Florida P.G. registration or ability to obtain. [required]
- Prior OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training. [preferred]
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. [required]
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EXPER02140