Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place to grow your career, where you can support industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? We have a full-time opportunity available for a Procurement Specialist in our Boca Raton, Florida office. You will provide support to the Corporate Accounting team, assist in the procurement and invoice process, the implementation of policies in support of the company’s operations, and will aid in the development and maintenance of a DCMA compliant Purchasing System. If you are dependable, flexible, able to deal with a variety of requests, can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, and possess extremely strong organizational and customer service skills, then Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Manage responses to internal and external stakeholder inquiries regarding invoicing and purchasing process and other special requests.
- Assist in maintaining Supplier Data and Purchasing Records in company database to ensure that information required for payment is maintained. Carry out troubleshooting with suppliers and internal users.
- Evaluate completeness and accuracy of invoices submitted for payment (including discrepancy identification, determination and implementation or corrective action to resolve errors of self and others involving invoice submittal.
- Work collaboratively to consistently improve both purchasing and invoice submittal processes to ensure that workflow is efficient and user friendly.
- Assist in the preparation and provide guidance on professional and technical service subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with client requirements and the Company’s procurement and accounting policies in coordination with the Legal department and project team.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of file documentation required by Company and federal requirements (i.e. review of Insurance Certificates, W9 review, Tax Identification to IRS records etc.).
- Work closely with project teams to ensure compliance with company and client requirements. Support the resolution of questions, issues, and problems from internal and external sources in the internally developed Supplier Registration Portal.
- Review and analyze Client Contract information to aid in the collection of specific data elements to support preparation of Contractor Purchasing System Risk assessment and other data needs.
- Support the development of guidance and training documentation in all aspects of the procurement process.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable on invoicing and related matters to help resolve problems with supplier invoice and payment issues.
- Act as a resource to the project and corporate staff members to provide guidance and assistance in the processing and execution of procurements.
- Assist in the completion of client supplier registration processes.
- Provide research support and data gathering activities to support internal and external audits.
- Travel to other Geosyntec offices or other business travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in a business field and at least one year of professional work experience in an administrative capacity; or Associate degree (AA) degree and at least three years of professional work experience in an administrative capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Training and/or experience in Federal Acquisition Regulations and General Service Administration Contracts. (preferred)
- Experience with automated purchasing systems or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP, Oracle, BST, Deltek, Cospoint or similar. (preferred)
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and the most recent release of the Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly Excel. (required)
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or similar content management systems. (required)
- Proven track record in a position requiring attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, an understanding of larger picture, and critical thinking and problem-solving skills. (preferred). Proven ability to work with a wide variety of personality types and adjust communications and work styles as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: PROCU02138