Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr, Global Export Sales
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Directs the sales and marketing activities for an assigned geographic area through the implementation of company strategy. This position is responsible for managing $25 Million in sales and direct reporting responsibility for up to 15 Account Managers and Account Relationship Managers in an international market. Ensures strategic and tactical alignment with business partners (i.e. Branch Services, Marketing, Distribution Centers, etc.).
Principal Duties & Responibilities
- Responsible for sales generation in an assigned geographic area including market penetration, new opportunity development, customer relations, and customer retention.
- Collaborate with branch services to create, execute, and measure sales and marketing tactics that are required by Company strategy and financial objectives.
- Develop and implement local marketing programs and implement national marketing initiatives (i.e. vendor days, open houses, race events).
- Develop personal contacts within key customer account contacts.
- Maximize gross profit opportunity by insuring price integrity.
- Achieve global export sales growth targets by assigning optimal growth targets to Account Managers and Account Relationship Managers.
- Integrate all internal and external resources to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to organization on barriers to success.
- Work with sales management to ensure coordinated leadership of sales performance and resource allocation.
- Ensure coordination of issues between sales and branch operations.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships.
- Select, develop, train, and retain diverse sales force.
- Identify and develop future leaders and strong contributors through the use of Performance Excellence and succession planning.
- Manage other Account Manager performance metrics, e.g., customer satisfaction, customer retention, and account penetration.
- Provide coaching and development to Field Development Program participants.
- Set the example and coach Account Managers in their understanding and commitment to live the Grainger values.
Preferred Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent job-related experience.
- Must have leadership skills that are consistent with the Grainger Values, as well as an ability to operate in a matrix environment.
- Able to facilitate the alignment of cross-functional groups, especially professional sellers.
- Effective communicator. Capable of speaking in an effective and influential manner to branch employees, professional sellers, Branch Managers, and customers.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Some international travel is required.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to coach, counsel, and develop the sales team.
- Demonstrate successful strategic planning, problem solving, quantitative analysis, time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrate competence in the application of computer software and technology that supports sales objectives (i.e. Excel).
- Develop and maintain effective internal partner relationships and relationships with customers so that objectives can be achieved.
- Must have excellent presentation skills, strong customer focus, and ability to manage change.
- Must be able to motivate, inspire, and achieve results through others.
- Understands financial reporting and ability to analyze business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”
Are you up to the challenge of working for an industry leader? It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from - Grainger values your potential to learn, thrive and make a difference on a global scale. Grainger is committed to building safe and productive communities and environments—especially where our team members and customers live and work. Discover how we can help you drive costs out of the tough job of managing your facility.
At Grainger you’ll find all the right tools to build your career. Enjoy the stability of an established industry leader, without sacrificing the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem-solving, and growth.
At Grainger, your career path is important. We work hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving and growth. We offer a complete career path geared towards your success.
Join the Grainger Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.