Halfaker and Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Analyst
at Halfaker and Associates
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Software Engineering and IT Infrastructure to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2018 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Senior Data Analyst to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Collect customer requirements
- Determine technical issues
- Build data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers to monitor and report on data.
- Improve the quality of data use and usability by driving an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with Intelligence and Data analysis teams to produce qualitative and quantitative data that support Intelligence products.
- Experience delivering Intelligence and Data Analysis work Products
- Experience with algorithms and data manipulation capabilities using R, Python, Java Script, AngularJS, or CSS Bootstraps
- Experience with JEMA and Machine Shop
- Experience with dissecting and interpreting large data sets in support of real world operations
- Experience with decision tree analysis, mathematical programming, and optimization
- Experience with neural networks, genetic algorithms, and other computational methods
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to delegate work appropriately and manage time effectively for self and others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science discipline
- Previous Data Analysis experience around military logistics, operations, or intelligence
- Must possess current Top Secret/SCI clearance (DoD)
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.