Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant Operations Manager
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Food & Beverage - Salaried
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
The Operations Manager is responsible for departmental P & L expense lines as designated by the General Manager. The Operations Manager also supports cafe senior leadership in upholding all brand standards and core values, while meeting or exceeding Hard Rock business objectives.
- Demonstrate financial comprehension of the cafe’s budget and P&L.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to develop hourly staff members into Hard Rock brand ambassadors and industry leading customer service stewards.
- Manage labor schedules in line with the cafe’s budget and forecast models.
- Successfully run a department and/or cost center.
- Partner across all departments in an effort to support the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to deliver all products and services to Hard Rock’s brand standards.
- Support senior management in building a highly functional hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the Cafe.
- Execute established brand standards within the Rock Shop as well as think outside the box to harness potential opportunities to grow retail sales through both staff and guest interaction.
- Foster an environment of customer service in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
- Execute established standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards as determined by an objective ranking systems.
- Remain an objective observer of the standards of service to ensure guest expectations of the Brand & Cafe are upheld.
- Ability to engage with guests in regards to music both current and past.
- Support senior management in attracting and retaining the most exceptionally talented people available in the market and place them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for team members using performance review tools and hold your team accountable for successful performance.
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined career paths.
- Serve as a Learning Coach developing, implementing, and executing learning & developmental programs for all individuals under his/her stewardship to drive continuous improvement and employee retention.
- Possess a self-motivated approach to their own personal and professional
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 3+ years in an Operations Managerial role with high volume exposure in a casual- themed, full- service restaurant.
- Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to their team.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for serving people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and common sense.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients, partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).