Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Manager - Southernmost Beach Resort
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Hotel Management
- Job Location
- US-FL-Key West
- Southernmost Beach Resort
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Located in historic Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort expands over 6 acres on a serene part of the island with Atlantic Ocean front views, gorgeous Key West architecture, and all the amenities you desire in a beach resort. Just a short walk or bike ride from Key West’s boutique shops, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, and non-stop nightlife, the resort spans over two city blocks and offers guest rooms that are located within easy reach of both the beach and world-famous Duval Street.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
- Tour the operating department’s daily, making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Perform IMPACT Checklist reviews with team on weekly basis insuring that all guests and visitors experience the exceptional standards established for the hotel in cleanliness, maintenance, lighting, sound, scent and activation presentations.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self-using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards, and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Ensure hotel achieves or exceeds departmental operating margins.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, M.I.D.'s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and Highgate Hotel standard purchasing and accounting procedures are followed.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
- Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel budget process as required taking ownership of all operating departments.
- Ensure Guest Service Standards and measurement metrics are in place and that results are in line with or better then the goals set with the annual operating plan
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards, including compliance in all departments.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Support Human Resources in the administration of safety and risk management initiatives to provide a safe and sanitary work environment for associates
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all Operating Department Head performance appraisals according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.’s, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff in line with current standard practices in place (ie 3 Conversations or similar as appropriate)
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- At least 2 current years Full Service Hotel experience. Experience must be as an Executive Committee Member with a preference for Hotel Manager or F&B Director experience. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.