Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Sales & Marketing
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Miami Growth
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Highgate is growing in the Miami market and we have some exciting projects coming on board in Q4/Q1 2020. We are looking for someone with ultra lifestyle/luxury background with a strong knowledge of the Miami market. The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s) and Sales/Catering Administrators/Coordinators/Administrative Assistants in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
- Supervise, administer and ensure timely completion of all activities of the Sales Department.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as schedule
- Be responsible for developing a Manager in Development (MID or DOSID) as assigned by the Corporate including sign-off on all competencies, and assist in his/her placement.
- Coordinate group, transient and catering bookings to maximize profits.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market and ensure that the Sales Team is held accountable for those accounts within their respective territories.
- Coordinate all non-group transient sales and catering solicitations to maximize overall profits.
- Administer training in the Sales and Catering departments, according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Conduct weekly meetings according to Highgate Hotel standards (all departments).
- Develop quarterly KRA’s, and review the KRA process with the Sales and Catering Team to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Conduct daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting with Sales and Catering, operations staff and General Manager.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
- Conduct all Sales and Catering Team Performance Appraisals according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Sales and Catering department personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s.
- Review meeting planner evaluations as received to ensure that any problems are rectified.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property, and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site inspections.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensure that Sales staff can explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the specified time period for each plan.
- Ensure that Sales and Catering Managers are planning and executing sales trips as outlined in quarterly Key Result Areas (KRA’s) and in the Sales budget, including preplanning, setting appointments and executing sales calls.
- Coordinate the preparation of complete and accurate end-of-month reports, according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s. Ensure that Sales Managers can explain the importance and components of the report.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual revenue budget.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual Marketing Plan.
- Coordinate and direct preparation of the monthly Rooms revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensure that the Sales Team does the same.
- Understand all GDS systems.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations activities and events.
- Entertain clients.
- React to negative trends in the market place by implementing
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.