Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Groundskeeper - Overnight Shift*
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- US-FL-Key West
- The Gates of Key West
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Gates is a new lifestyle hotel in Key West offering an intimate setting that invites guests to celebrate the island’s colorful history and creative spirit. Mixing contemporary design and retro Floridian flair, The Gates Hotel features guestrooms with modern amenities that uniquely combine upscale sophistication and polished service with the island’s casual laidback vibe.
The Overnight Grounds Person is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all assigned areas and equipment. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guestrooms (express checkout, newspapers – property specific, etc.).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to work the overnight shift.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Clean the public areas according to hotel standards.
- Clean and upkeep the bar areas.
- Clean and maintain the hotel grounds.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Engineering.
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures.
- Maintain hotel equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain storage of hotel equipment in proper area.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Engineering Management Team.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.