Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- US-FL-Miami Beach
- The Gates South Beach
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Gates Hotel South Beach is a boutique, lifestyle hotel offering guests an authentic and unconventional experience. Located at 2360 Collins Avenue at 23rd Street, this contemporary, full-service hotel features newly built guestrooms and is set directly across the street from the Atlantic Ocean and convenient to all that South Beach has to offer. All 235 guest rooms are newly renovated with modern amenities.
The Housekeeping Inspector/Inspectress is responsible for overseeing the cleaning of guestrooms by the Housekeeping staff. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that rooms are maintained to set standards of cleanliness and are ready in a timely manner for guest accommodations.
- Ensure employees are at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Inspect all rooms assigned to Room Attendants on a daily basis to ensure that standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- Notify Room Attendant(s) of any deficiencies found in the room and note on the attendant’s board. Ensure the Room Attendant returns to the room to correct the deficiency, when applicable. Re-inspect the corrected room.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office daily.
- Maintain key control.
- Supervise Laundry employees, when applicable.
- Communicate with Guest Services regarding information about discrepant rooms.Physically check the room to determine status.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring each Room Attendant and House Attendant carries a work assignment.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager according to hotel standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance; follow through on each work order until completed.
- Oversee training of Room Attendants.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Assist Housekeeping Management in preparation of Standard of the Week.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times