Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IWA Trust Officer - Miami area
at Iberia Bank Corporation
Develops and maintains new and existing accounts in accordance with governing documents, regulations and client expectations. Regularly interfaces on a professional and credible basis with high net worth and entrepreneurial prospects, clients, attorneys, CPAs, investment professionals, and bankers to ascertain their ever developing needs, sources service solutions, and expands relationships. Incumbent may be responsible for handling account relationships that typically generate aggregate fee income in the $250,000 to $1 million range. Requires direct personal trust administrative experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting quantitative sales goals, acquiring knowledge needed to make appropriate recommendations to clients, identifying opportunities for cross-selling and account additions. Refers financial planning opportunities to appropriate personnel
- Implements calling program in order to retain and expand assigned client relationships
- Engages in the development of new business by actively participating in professional organizations, community activities, social/ business events, joint calling with bankers, and prospect calling
- Analyzes non-routine requests and research administrative account issues
- Performs authorized account transactions in accordance with account documents, laws, regulations and internal procedures
- Prepares supporting documentation for account administration activity and verifies accuracy of completed transactions
- Conducts annual account administrative reviews, and participates with portfolio manager regarding the regulatory mandated Reg 9 investment reviews; provides specialized client reports
- Presents to the Trust Management Committee to provide background, insight and recommendations regarding prospective account opportunities, new assets and fee negotiations
- Communicates with relationship managers, outside vendors, service partners and other professionals as necessary to formulate solutions to specific client needs
- Explains the bank’s services, level of expectations, and negotiates fees with prospective clients
- Verifies account computer records to ensure conformance to account documents and client expectations
- Manages cash flow and notifies portfolio and relationship manager of current or anticipated overdrafts
- Monitors completion of scheduled events (e.g. relationship reviews, reports, ticklers, etc.)
- Performs all other job related duties/special projects as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Four-year degree in Finance or Accounting, and 10 or more years of Investment and/or Trust experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Incumbent must have working knowledge of investment products and services and of legal and procedural regulations as they relate to accounts.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, planning, project management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
Microsoft Office suite
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc):
Should be certified or work towards obtaining a professional certification / designation – Trust School (CTFA), CFP, CFP-associate, AEP,CPA or similar accreditation within 5 years of job assignment.