Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Desktop Specialist
IT Desktop Specialist
Can you make the cut? Inktel selects only the best and the brightest to be a part of our cutting-edge organization. We surround ourselves with a team of forward-thinking professionals who aren’t afraid to push the limits.
Our dynamic Technology Team is currently in search of a IT Systems Administrator:
- Hands-on support for a 24x7 multi-site Contact Center Environment utilizing a combination of Linux and Microsoft servers and applications.
- Manage large scale VOIP call routing phone system.
- Able to work independently while following a structured approach.
- Isolate and troubleshoot operational issues quickly in a high visibility production environment without impacting services.
- Work within the existing change control processes and procedures.
- Manage enterprise backups and disaster recovery for all network and systems.
- Implement monitoring and escalation software and third party tools.
- A quick learner who can pick up new skills as needed.
- Implement best practices and change management.
- Work with telecom vendors and service providers.
- Build and manage VMWare virtual server environment.
- Manage MYSQL and MSSQL database administration.
- Help troubleshoot code and database issues in PHP and .Net programming languages.
- Create shell and batch file scripts to automate processes.
- Create written documentation of learn processes. Required
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Open source VOIP products, preferably Asterisk, FreePBX and vicidial.
- Multi-site and multi-data center networks, security and servers.
- Cisco, HP, and Juniper switching technologies.
- Sophos and Juniper Security technologies utilizing VOIP, SIP, BGP, VLAN, and MPLS protocols.
- Microsoft Windows and Linux Centos servers.
- VMWare virtualization technology.
- EMC SAN Storage.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Email.
- Desktop Support of 1000+ users.
- Apache web server farms and load balancers.
- Unix Shell, PHP and DOS batch file scripting.
- Linux kernel tuning and kickstart packages.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Create technical documentation, network diagraming and presentations.
- Honest and responsible technology professional.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Have reliable transportation for travel between offices and data centers.
- Proactive and positive work ethic with great customer service skills.
- Innovative outside-the-box thinker.
Salary & Benefits:
The compensation package for this position includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package of medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and an excellent 401K plan.
Inktel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.