Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Miami, FL office is looking for someone to help support ongoing resilience related projects in areas including (but not limited to) Miami Beach, NMB, MDC, WASD and other clients in southeast Florida looking to address growing flood and climate related risk. Day to day responsibilities for the water resources/resilience candidate hired into the role include:
- Support the development, pursuit and delivery of planning and design projects associated with flood risk management and resilience related to sea level rise, coastal storm surge and rainfall flood risk.
- Support all stages of project development, from climate scenario development, hazard analysis, vulnerability/risk assessments, alternatives analysis and prioritization through conceptual design including hardened engineered structures, natural-based solutions, and other non-structural approaches (e.g. land development codes, design criteria, comprehensive plans, policy, etc.).
- Support/lead client facing business development activities and proposal preparation efforts.
- Support local and regional business development team and practice leads in networking and advancing client relationships.
- Support hydrologic modeling and analysis of flood risk using various software platforms which may include ArcHydro, ICPR, and SWMM software suites.
- Facilitate multi-faceted client, stakeholder and public engagement workshops around risk awareness and mitigation focused on inclusive and collaborative approaches.
- Deliver projects to meet program and budget targets.
- Maintain a strong local/regional industry status in the flood risk management and resilience space with focus on South Florida.
- Successfully manage technical aspects of local/regional flood risk management and resilience projects, based on appropriate risk management.
- Be self-driven, motivated and able to perform duties independently with minimal guidance.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of 7 years of civil infrastructure planning, design and implementation
Flood plainmanagement experience preferred (CFM)
Experience withinfrastructure asset management including condition assessment and/orvulnerability assessments preferred
Working knowledge ofland use planning, development policy and infrastructure design criteria
Working knowledge ofFL regulatory agencies and permitting
Experience withcivil Infrastructure planning, design and implementation
Understanding ofclimate science and related risks
Strong technicalwriting skills
Strongcommunications and facilitation skills
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.