JM Family Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JM Family Enterprises, inc.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Family
Southeast Toyota Finance (SET Finance or SETF) is an operating division and d/b/a of World Omni Financial Corp., which was established in 1981 as the first import automotive captive finance company in the United States. SET Finance offers financing to Toyota dealers and consumers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. Southeast Toyota Finance is the leading provider of retail and lease financing for new Toyota purchases within its operating footprint, consistently ranking at the top of its class in market share and dealership satisfaction. SET Finance owes its success to its innovative finance programs (including retail and lease programs), loyalty programs, college graduate and military rebate programs, and its commitment to strong dealer relationships and customer service. SETF's portfolio of dealership loans includes inventory financing, as well as working capital, real estate and construction loans.
The Analytics Department of Southeast Toyota Finance is responsible for providing data driven solutions/insights to help identify areas of risk and opportunity to promote business strategy and objectives. The main areas of analytical focus include risk management, portfolio management, originations, collections, pricing, and marketing. We use advanced analytical techniques (statistical modeling, econometric modeling, data science, and machine learning) to forecast portfolio performance, consumer demand, and operational efficiency. The Analytics Department is seen as trusted advisors to many areas throughout the organization including Collection Operations, Financial Accounting, Pricing, and Treasury.
The Sr. Economist position will be responsible for developing dynamic pricing solutions for SETF’s Retail and Lease portfolios through the use of statistical segmentation and demand modeling in order to optimize buy rates for different business objectives. Other responsibilities will include forecasting workload metrics, operational strategy effectiveness, application/contract volume, and delinquency trends to help origination and collection operations. The position will need to effectively integrate business acumen and strategy to their quantitative forecasts and projections.
- Responsible for providing advanced analytical solutions in order to mitigate risk and optimize portfolio performance through timely, actionable and forward-looking insight
- Tasked with analyzing account level data, creating statistical/financial/econometric models, demand modeling and providing optimized solutions to meet growth and profitability objectives. This would include developing econometric forecasts and optimization solutions in the areas of pricing, originations, and portfolio management.
- Responsible for incorporating overall economic and industry trends/forecasts into their data driven analytics to provide alternative scenarios based on different environmental conditions
- Gather requirements, data and information from internal and external teams to facilitate problem solving and model development
- Summarize and analyze large volumes of data in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Proficient in creating and interpreting strategic and operational analyses, assessing options objectively, and presenting conclusions and recommendations to all levels of management and associates
- Responsible for understanding performance processes (Portfolio, Collections, Losses and Recovery) to effectively implement solutions and analyze resulting process effectiveness of strategies, decision trees, algorithms, models or scorecards
- Prepare reporting according to established deadlines and ad hoc requests, while managing multiple responsibilities
- Develop subject matter expertise on the use of source systems data and metadata
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, and/or Quantitative Analysis is required
- Minimum of 2 years of statistical modeling and quantitative analysis experience required
- Experience in using SAS, R, or any comparable statistical software preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, knowledge of advanced statistical modeling techniques and software, and an ability to communicate results effectively
- Must also be very detail-oriented, be able to handle multiple tasks, have strong time management skills, and remain focused on department goals and objectives
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and associates
- Must be able to build relationships with individuals within and between cross-functional teams
- Must enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as autonomously
- Aggressive self-starter and ability to work independently is a critical success factor associated with this position
- Travel as needed