BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced, and fun.
We are currently seeking a Collections Manager to join our Team at our Member Resolution Center!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our members’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. The Collections Manager will hire, train, coach and motivate the collections team to achieve a superior member experience, present options and solutions to our members, and ensure quality and compliant collection and member resolution activity.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily collection activity of collectors to ensure productivity levels are achieved and accounts are thoroughly worked to company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly delinquency analysis and reports, loan and credit card grading, monthly charge offs for loans, credit cards and collection expenses and report results directly to the VP of Lending/Collections and/or the CEO
- Set up and manage collection queues in Akcelerant to ensure collectors are working assigned accounts to achieve superior member experience and maximum efficiencies
- Provide on-going training and coaching to collectors to ensure the highest quality collection activity
- Provide outstanding services to each internal and external member as defined by the credit union’s Service Standards and Promises
- Review severely delinquent loans and credit cards in order to formulate collection options including assigning accounts to collection agencies as directed by VP of Lending/Collections
- Demonstrate Leadership capability to lead the collection staff to toward the desired behaviors to our members and internal clients
- Optimize the collections workflows and efficiencies
- Perform collection special projects as assigned by the VP of Lending/Collections
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the State and Federal Collections Laws, Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ten years of similar or related experience. Must have five (5) years of Collection Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work involves motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities becomes necessary. Strong organizational skills. Strong communication and coaching skills. Ability to influence others through effective leadership. Must have knowledge of underwriting guidelines, Collection Policy, and Accounting related policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.