BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Specialist
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking an IT Project Specialist to join our team!
The primary role of this position is to support the Business Analyst/Project Team Lead with the project management phases such as initiating, testing, documentation, planning, execution, control and closing of credit union projects. Support project aspects such as work plan guidance to all assisting project team members and monitor quality assurance of project implementation. Assist Project Team Lead with inspiring and nurturing an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Team Lead with identifying and isolating specific challenges that may affect the progress of the project.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems or resolutions on the project. Track project reporting to support Project Team lead’s direction to assure timely and accurate reporting.
- Utilize Microsoft Projects or other project tracking software to ensure projects are completed within project timeline. Create, update and monitor testing checklist for project tracking. Answer questions related to project status and document correction when needed. Document project milestones thoroughly.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various groups and committees.
- Utilize excellent organizational skills when preparing project documents and status reports.
- Assist in development and update of internal documentation of procedures for development and use of system applications.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- To keep management informed regarding project tracking, documentation, testing completion and schedule.
- To maintain thorough documentation of project status and project members assisting with the project.
- Coordinate data and information to prepare internal and external reports from various departments.
- Must be knowledgeable in all phases of the project life cycle, maintain and track project schedule, project development and control, risk management practices and issues, and documentation using Microsoft projects.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience One to three years of similar or related experience.
Education (1)A two year college degree or (2)Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade
school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact
with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information,
building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills Excellent Problem Solving/Analysis skills. Excellent communication and writing skills. Excellent
conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.