Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Contact Center Medical Assistant
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2148
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Patient Contact Center Medical Assistant
Part Time, After-Hours
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Every Other Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Bilingual Type: Spanish
Additional Office Locations: Coral Spring
Req # 2648
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Answer incoming calls from our patients to provide outstanding customer service. Perform clinical care, via telephone, essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness using our telephone communication access protocol and clinical advice algorithm manual.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Answer incoming calls by welcoming patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
- Follow prepared scripts based on call type.
- Register new patients by gathering pertinent information and entering into XPM system.
- Verify insurance coverage and information.
- Set patient appointments upon request and identify future visits.
- Document accurately and efficiently within all systems (XPM, CRM, EHR).
- Obtain brief summary of patients concerns and/or complaints over the phone.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent clinical information over the phone to facilitate the timely and accurate physician follow up via phone.
- Complete prescription refills for authorization by provider.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies using our internal resources (E.H.R refill notes/paper phone notes).
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Provide medical guidance using our Telephone Clinical Triage algorithm manual.
- Document all medical questions and messages for providers and label them properly using our telephone communication access guideline/protocol.
- Document any medical advice given over the phone.
- Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- MA Diploma or Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Prefer 1-2 years Medical Assistant experience.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!