Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Desk Analyst I
at Pediatric Associates
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- This position is responsible for providing Tier I level application support in e-Medsys PM and EHR while working as part of a team in a Service Desk environment.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and inquiries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff, patients and business partners via telephone and email
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Uses the appropriate Service Desk applications categories for logging incidents and requests.
- Escalate unresolved calls per established protocols
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Take ownership of problems and follow up the status on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Publish support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide instruction on system use if required
- Active Directory administration - manage user accounts, provisioning/de-provisioning process
- Basic Exchange Server administration - creating mailboxes, distribution groups etc
- Manage daily administrative task (run reports, cancel appointments)
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide expert application support to end users for XPM and e-Medsys EHR applications
- Provide application support for the enterprise as it relates to the IT Service portfolio, including desktops, application and infrastructure services
- Communicate efficiently, accurately and professionally both verbally and in writing
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- A.S. in Computer Science or minimum of 5 years in related field w/current Microsoft and Service Desk certifications
Minimum Microsoft certification of MTA required (98-365, 98-366 and 98-367)
TriMed e-Medsys EHR Trainer 1 required
TriMed e-Medsys Practice Management Trainer 1 required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required technical knowledge:
* Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology
* Demonstrated ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to solve problems independently
* Able to start, shut down and restart computers, terminals and printers
* Basic IP networking troubleshooting
* Able to use the major functions of Windows 7, including Control Panel, Display settings and Printer settings
* Able to read, manage and create technical documentation
* Able to use ticket tracking software, remote management software and the telephone to provide technical support
* Must be able to communicate in English clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
* Minimum of 3 years of practical use of Active Directory Users and Computers
* Minimum of 3 years track record of providing excellent tech support in Healthcare
* Minimum of 3 years of practical use of Avaya and Nortel phone systems
* Minimum of 3 years of practical use of Internet explorer 9/10/11/Edge, Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013 and Windows 7/10
* Microsoft Office product support and training including Outlook, Access, Excel
* Windows administration, active directory, group policy troubleshooting
* Desktop support following ITIL framework
* Strong time management skills
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.