Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jupiter Medical Center
- Performs all duties with proficiencies in areas of clinical and technical expertise. Incorporates positive attitude, team building and leadership skills in providing patient care. The EP technologist has the knowledge skills and training to assist the physician in all Electrophysiology procedures, invasive and non-invasive, including, but not limited to EP Studies, Mapping, Ablations, Pacemakers, ICD's, lead and pocket replacement/revisions, and loop insertions. Provides complete documentation and hemodynamic monitoring of patients during procedures. Meets pre/post procedural care of the patient including patient education. Successfully removes arterial and venous sheaths. Circulates in room during all EP procedures and monitoring of EKG and documentation of patients; anticipates physicians needs and assists during EP procedures to include scrub assistant, preparation of specialized interventional and diagnostic equipment.
- Under physician direction, Demonstrates a strong knowledge base of technical equipment in area of specialty and communicates inventory needs. Reviews, updates, and participates in inservice related to new equipment and technology and maintains a positive interaction with medical device vendors. Functions as a clinical and technical resource for EP lab personnel and demonstrates clinical and technical expertise.
- Maintains level of expertise through an ongoing educational process and shares knowledge obtained with EP lab personnel. Assists physicians in the interpretation of special and complex invasive imaging Performs minor maintenance and quality assurance of equipment and devices in the laboratory. Cooperates with Biomedical Dept. upkeep and quality assurance of radiographic, hemodynamic and other equipment. Demonstrates effective leadership skills while interacting with EP lab personnel. Supports departmental goals by facilitating change and providing feedback or constructive criticism to EP lab management. May on demand float to Cardiac Catheterization Lab and/or holding area. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an allied health profession with 18 months education/training in related critical care background
- Registered as a cardiovascular technologist, invasive (RCVT) or radiology cardiovascular interventional technologist, RT (CV), or the ability to pass certificat exam (ex RCES) after working a minimum of 2 years in the EP lab
- American Heart Association BLS, for Heath Care Provider and ACLS certified
- Basic EK
- GSpecial Skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communication levels with employees, supervisors, physicians, administration, and the general public
- Performs independently within her/his scope of practice.
- Successfully passing grade EKG competency exam.
- Demonstrates Unit Competencies on a yearly basis.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
- Must demonstrate strong basic knowledge of technical equipment in area of specialty, function as a clinical and technical resource to EP lab personnel and demonstrate effective leadership skills while interacting with EP lab personnel. Also assist physicians in the interpretation of special and complex invasive imaging procedures and perform minor maintenance and quality assurance of equipment and devices in the laboratory. Assumes call responsibility and other related duties as assigned.