Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GI / Endoscopy RN, Per Diem days
at Jupiter Medical Center
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 5000449827206
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
- The RN applies nursing process and theories, as well as principles of psycho-social and physical sciences, in assessing, planning, diagnosing, implementing, evaluating, and modifying patient care utilizing evidence based practices. The RN practice autonomously within professional nursing standards, the ANA Code of Ethics and the ANA Bill of Rights. The RN strives for quality outcomes and innovative practice in accordance with the Florida Nursing Practice Act and the Hospital/departmental policies. The RN ensures practice is in accordance with competency required for that area. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self (or others who are under her/his direction). This is done through participation in quality assurance or performance improvement initiatives. The RN provides care in a collaborative manner with other disciplines to ensure optimal, individualized patient care and outcomes. In managing patient care the RN will take a leadership role coordinating the interdisciplinary team working in collaboration with other health team members to enhance patient outcomes.
- The RN has a responsibility to acts as educator to their peers, patients, and their families. All aspects of the RN performance supports service excellence and a healing environment. The RN identifies communicates needed unit resources or equipment to be included in budget.
Must have cardiac interpretation skills and procedural sedation. Position is for all phases of GI: Preop, intraop and post procedure and must be on call
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN preferred
- RN- Current RN licensure in the state of Florida
- Current BLS from AHA
- Current ACLS, PALS NIH Stroke scale from AHA in required areas
- Must have cardiac interpretation skills and procedural sedation. Position is for all phases of GI: Preop, intraop and post procedure and must be on call.
- Must have minimum of 2 years acute care experience, GI strongly preferred. Will accept experience in ER or ICU, or other adult critical care units.