Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Scribe, Full Time, Days
at Jupiter Medical Center
List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the provider.
Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications etc.
Document any procedures performed by the provider.
Completes the visit note on behalf of the provider as directed.
Looks up pertinent past medical records at the direction of the provider.
Keeps track of and enters the results of imaging studies as directed by the provider.
Follows documentation compliance standards.
Assures that the Electronic Health Record is complete and that all pertinent documentation requirements are met, including the diagnosis, disposition and patient education interventions.
Ensures that the provider reviews the Electronic Health Record for accuracy.
Develop and maintain a mutually respectful working relationship with all providers.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant or LPN required
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe OR 6 months experience and/or training, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Recognition of physical exam process and the ability to record exam details.
- Demonstrated experience working with medical professionals and allied health professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and maintain attention to detail in order to accurately document encounter.
- Demonstrated observation, listening, interpersonal and clarification skills in order to interact positively and productively with provider and patient.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Must be able to type on a keyboard at least 40wpm, with the ability to increase speed while maintaining accuracy.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.