Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Technologist Full Time- Evening
at Jupiter Medical Center
- Collection of specimens for laboratory testing, accession specimens and processing of specimens.
- Performs and interprets diagnostic procedures in assigned areas of the laboratory.
- Maintains quality control procedures, preventive maintenance and patient records.
- Assists in orientation of new employees.
- Remains current in technical knowledge and instrumentation use.
- Required to perform phlebotomy and cross train to other assigned areas of laboratory.
- Cognizant ability to correlate results from a variety of tests and relate to treatment of patient.
- Precise hand to eye coordination and finger dexterity is necessary to perform procedures, obtain specimens and use electronic/computerized equipment.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate findings in a concise and meaningful format with recommendations is required.
- This position requires individual to stand on feet 85% of shift while performing lab tests and sit up to 1 hour a day on chair while doing paperwork.
- OSHA exposure level is Category I -- Exposure to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids.
- Use of appropriate protective equipment is required.
- Must be able to communicate with coworkers, supervisors and physicians.
- Environment is noisy and disruptive.
- Numerous interruptions occur throughout the day.
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
- Must have State of Florida Technologist License
- Must be licensed in three or more areas.
- National certification preferred.
- Microbiology experience required (e.g., manual plate reading, species identification via manual / automated techniques, susceptibility testing, molecular testing , gram stains, fungal/AFB and etc).