Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pavilion Rehab- Physical Therapist Per-Diem
at Jupiter Medical Center
- Evaluates, plans and carries out a physical therapy program as prescribed by the physician; supervises and delegates to the P.T. A.'s and rehab aide personnel
Our staff have the responsibility, accountability, & authority to provide Safe Passage for our patients and families by utilizing the six dimensions of Relationship Based Care: Resources, Teamwork, Care Delivery, Outcomes, Professional Practice and Leadership.
Our enterprise-wide decision system, the JMC Pathway, provides the structure, methodologies and tools needed to support objective, data-driven decision making. The Pathway delivers excellence always, to both our physicians and customers, by maximizing the value generated from every hospital process and function. Team member participation, support and active use of JMC Pathway concepts and tools are required.
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
- H.S. Graduate, or equivalent
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree from an accredited P.T. Program.
- Licensed to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Florida. CPR (BLS, Certified)
- Physical Requirements
- Be able to perform prolonged standing/sitting for 2 hrs or more/day.
- Able to grip a Dynamometer with a force >10 lbs X 10 seconds.
- Able to pinch with a force >2 lbs X 10 seconds.
- Able to reach overhead frequently, to raise shoulder >45 degrees while holding a 10 lb. weight X 10 seconds.
- Able to shrug the shoulders for 10 seconds with a 10 lb. weight in both hands.
- Able to hold a 10 lb. while rotating the hand from left to right and right to left. Able to fully flex and extend the elbow while holding a 10 lb. weight.
- Able to reach forward 16-17 inches from the body. Able to bend the torso forward more than 20 degrees and twist sideways.
- Able to squat for 30 seconds.
- Able to lift 50 lbs (male) or 35 lbs (female) from knee height to waist level.
- Able to push/pull 40 lbs. from a standstill.
- In-patient/sub-acute rehab staff will need to: Be able to stand and walk intermittently for 4 hrs or more per day.
- Able to flex the back >20 degrees and hold for 10 seconds.
- Able to extend the back and hold for 10 seconds.
- Able to laterally bend the back and hold for 10 seconds.
- Able to twist the trunk and hold for 10 seconds.
- Able to kneel on either left or right knee.
- Able to carry a 20lbs weight over a distance of 25ft. OSHA Category II- Tasks involve possible occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials.
- Must wear protective equipment , as appropriate