Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician- Urgent Care
at Jupiter Medical Center
Participate in process improvement initiatives as they relate to service and outcomes in the Urgent Care Program.
* Be elected as physician responsible for all patient care oversight by midlevel providers.
* Be responsible for providing License and DEA information for any credentialing, compliance, regulatory and patient care and medical needs.
* Responsible for signing any controlled substance prescriptions prescribed by a mid-level provider.
* Prescriptions will be delivered to physician for signature at whichever location they may be practicing at that day. This will be the responsibility of the Urgent Care staff management to oversee and coordinate.
* Oversee and review Urgent Care Program has clinical policies and protocols that meet applicable standards of care.
* Perform random sample patient chart audits and provide feedback directly to the provider identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Provide feedback and suggestions to management on clinical activities involving mid-level providers and physician providers to include input to the provider's performance evaluations.
* Document feedback that is reviewed with providers and work with the Urgent Care Program manager/director one-on-one to ensure efficient operations as needed.
* Assist Urgent Care in coordinating a response to clinical patient complaints or speak with patient as needed.
* Insure Quality measures are met (PQRS, MIPA).
* Promote and ensure clinical development of mid-level providers, physicians and clinical team.
* Participate in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for team to enhance clinical acumen.
* Provide reasonable off-site administrative oversight of the activities of medical providers.
* Address Urgent Care clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures upon request.
* Address and organize clinical peer to peer review upon request.
* Oversee appropriate clinical provider staffing upon request.
* Completes medical documentation review assigned.
* Make suggestions on how to address any provider behavior and/or impairment issues and carry out corrective action.
* Address whether operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care and state regulations/statues bodies as needed.
* Meets with team members to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on site visits as needed.
* Provides guidance to other providers and the urgent care center's patient care team.
* Review and sign off on preoperative exams.
* Oversee travel program and recommendations for vaccines in accordance with the CDC.
* Perform such other additional duties as reasonably requires.
* Insures provider coverage at the sites.
* Will treat patients when necessary.
* Will participate in Hospital Committees as necessary.
* Interact with local physician community.
* Participate in the Medical Director meetings.
* Meets with Urgent Care Leadership as required.