Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist (West Palm Beach, FL)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Kimley-Horn, one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for a dynamic and energetic Human Resources Generalist for our Florida region, based in our West Palm Beach, FL office! This ER-focused role provides support to multiple offices throughout the region. Additionally, this role will work with the firmwide/nationwide HR team.
- Propose solutions and engage partners in the areas of retention efforts, general ER concerns, performance management, terminations, teambuilding, complaint/conflict resolution, and career development
- Conduct new hire orientations and lead the integration planning for mid-level new hires
- Serve as a benefits point-of-contact by responding to questions and educating employees on company benefit programs
- Manage leaves of absence, including FMLA and workers’ compensation
- Develop and facilitate multiple training programs
- Manage special projects that have region-wide and/or company-wide impact
- Recruits for engineering, administrative, and business support positions at all levels.
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s degree) in Human Resources or related field
- 6 or more years of related experience including employee relations experience
- Day travel is required to support the needs of the region, approximately 20-25%; overnight travel required occasionally
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication, presentation, and relationship building
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with team members within the region, as well as across the firm, to meet goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and provide excellent internal and external client service
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP strongly preferred